Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Wheels of Life?












Wheels. Thats all I saw when I started clicking on the busy streets of Ranchi.

Wheels is what you see in Mumbai and elsewhere too. But wheels powered by tired legs? Well, not many places on this earth can one experience such desperate means to survive life.

Martin Luther King once said - "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent."

A colleague told me that once he decided not to board a rickshaw puller's hand cart since he looked very old. The man shot back to him: Agar sab log mujhe budhha samajhe ke nahi baithenge , to main khaunga kya? (If everybody decides not to board my rickshaw because I am old, how will I survive?)

What a shame guys...!!!

No comments: