Sunday, September 16, 2007

A/C v/s non-A/C



I saw him at a signal on Linking Road. It was a hot and humid day. He was sweating and driving a truck. He kept peeping into the black Toyoto Innova next to him. What was he thinking?

I saw him and felt guilty of my own A/C Ford Fiesta. I asked my driver to switch off the a/c for a few minutes. It felt like hell.

Saala...just a few years back (1995, to be precise), I was travelling in local trains and BEST buses. As a Management Trainee, I used to come to office drenched in my own sweat. One day an NRI girl in my office, who I used to closely work with, suggested that I wear a perfume to work.

I remember how I, standing on the BEST bus footboard, used to peep into the plush a/c cars (mostly zens and esteems) and feel the urge to just get into them. I could feel that frustration once again, when I saw that guy peep into the Innova.

Thanks man. I wish and pray to god to make all trucks a/c as soon as possible.

No comments: